Friday 3 August 2012

Digging.......no Victory just yet though

It's been nearly a week since my last post but that doesn't mean I haven't been working. I've gone down every other night (as I find my back is aching after one night) I've managed to clear quite a lot but I have had help ! My hubby (a complete hater of all things garden, except BBQ's) has come down and lent me his muscle.
And then I met another allotment neighbour who has a petrol strimmer on site and was happy to lend it to me ! He was so helpful with ideas and suggestions. It was the boost I needed. I've had some low moments when I thought I wouldn't be able to do it and that I'm out of my depth. But thanks to all my family, friends and followers that have assured me I can do it !
My compost bin also arrived today so I can't wait to take that down tomorrow and start composting. I've managed to clear enough area to dig the soil, the fork goes in cleanly and turns beautifully. I'm really pleased and hope that when it's cleared it'll be a nice little patch :)


                           this is taken after my first dig attempt, you can see my growing mound.

this is after a second attempt, you can see the start of my second mound lol
this is after I've been lent the strimmer, the main work has been done off shot and we've started to move the mounds (3 by this point) to one location at the very back of the plot.







No comments:

Post a Comment